maandag 20 augustus 2007

A Linux server the size of a book

A complete Linux server in the palm of your hand? Have a look at the decTOP: It houses a 10GB, 3,5" disk, 128MB RAM and an AMD Geode processor running at 366MHz. All parts are easily upgradable. The RAM is a 200-pin SO-DIMM module, and can be upgraded to 512MB max. The harddrive is 3,5", which means an upgrade won't cost a fortune. Also in the box are USB 1.1, VGA (1600x1200), audio in and out and 9 V92 modem. Ethernet is supported via USB. And best of all: it is currently shipping for only $99,- !!!

Oh yeah, it also runs Windows CE 5.0, for those interested. Now, I'm mostly a Windows guy myself, but CE isn't really my taste. I haven't been able to find anyone who managed to fit any other Windows version on the device.

So, check this manual for installing Ubuntu, and have loads of fun.

P.S.: I am in no way related (business wise or other) to the guys behind decTOP.

Geen opmerkingen: